Are you suffering from stubborn joint pain that just doesn’t go away? Has your back been hurting for some time? Millions of people in the United States suffer from musculoskeletal problems every year, and they come from a wide variety of sources: overuse, strains, sprains, and simple back, knee, and shoulder pain.
Many people resort to painkilling medication to relieve pain but that is only a temporary solution. It also carries the risk of tolerance and dependence. It is always better to see an orthopedic doctor or surgeon to overcome your pain and discomfort entirely.
Orthopedic surgeons treat the problems arising from the musculoskeletal system. Here are some common signs that you need orthopedic treatment –
- Stubborn or chronic pain in the muscles, joints or tendons, that persists for more than a few days
- Deformity in joints
- Any signs of infection in the joints, such as inflammation, swelling, redness, heat
- Difficulty in carrying out activities of daily living
- Joint pain persists even while resting
- Swelling or bruising around a joint or injury
- Restricted range of motion
There is a common myth involved with orthopedic treatment. Many people think that orthopedic doctors or surgeons only use surgery to treat orthopedic problems. This is not true. Surgery is always the last resort if medication, physical therapy and minimally invasive procedures fail to provide relief and restore motion and function in the affected part of the body.